This program is based on the six-step process model of business authorities Allen R. Cohen & David L. Bradford as elaborated in Influence Without Authority, 3rd Ed. (JosseyBass, 2017).
The Learn More button will bring a reply from partner Cornelius Grove. Or phone him at +1-718-492-1896.
NOTE: If you're seeking training for international assignees (expatriates), visit our Expatriate Training portal.
Learning / Performance Objectives
- to identify ways for participants to enter an influencing situation prepared to gain the respect of, identify options for reciprocity with, and collaborate effectively with colleagues or counterparts whom they would like to influence.
- to better enable participants to become aware of their own misperceptions, prejudices, and other barriers that can hinder one's attainment of the first objective.
- to learn how to attain both objectives above across a variety of boundaries such as the values, work styles, goals, and mindsets of different teams, hierarchical levels, business functions, operating companies, and national & ethnic cultures.
Day 1. Working in a Global Environment: The Intercultural Component
The first day's work focuses on the intercultural perspective as applied in the world of global business; it is a prerequisite for attendance of Day 2. Day 1 may be a half-day. Day 1 ends with a homework assignment for participants, individually and in teams, in preparation for Day 2.
Day 2. Influencing Colleagues Across Organizational Units & Mindsets
This full day of learning and practice is structured according to the six-step Cohen/Bradford model:
- Assume All Are Potential Allies
- Clarify Your Goals and Priorities
- Diagnose the World of the Other Person
- Identify Relevant Currencies, Theirs & Yours
- Deal with Relationships
- Influence Through Give & Take
Emphasis is placed on Steps 3, 4, and 5, which involve skillbuilding. Step 6 is a skill-application exercise of at least an hour's duration, based on participants' influencing challenges.
GROVEWELL's Influencing Colleagues program was one of the few trainings that had a real impact on the day-to-day interactions we have and the tasks we need to accomplish at work as well as in our personal lives. Excellent trainer, excellent insight into the various aspects of working multinationally in matrix organizations, very valuable personal input to all the people who attended.
Georgia Lazana, European Information Technology Director, Cordis EMEA
OUR SIMPLE PROCESS FOR INITIATING TRAINING IS THIS
|Our Uncomplicated Process||Additional Information about Each Step|
|Contact us by email, phone, or the Learn More button.||We'll need your location, the number of trainees, and the subject/purpose of the training.|
|We hope we can assign a trainer based in your area.||But depending on the subject of the training, our trainer will need to travel to/from your site.|
|Fees depend on days & number of service deliverers.||We do not set fees based on number of trainees. However, see the next line below.|
|We request no more than 20 trainees per session.||If you have over 20 trainees, we will expect either a second session or a second trainer.|
|GROVEWELL has no contract that you must sign.||We do expect to receive a purchase order from you (or other payment guarantee).|
CONTRACTUAL AND FEE-RELATED INFORMATION
- Clients arrange for our global leadership training services by means of either a formal contracting processes or an informal agreement. We adapt to each client’s requirements. We do not require an elaborate contract.
- Our fees are largely determined by the number of trainers and the duration of the training. (We do not charge on a per-participant basis.) For a half-day or less of on-client-site leadership training, we charge 75% of our full day rate.
- Additional fees might apply in some cases, such as for development, customization, or materials design. Any expenses – trainer travel, materials shipping, etc. – are passed on to our client at cost.
- We authorize training to occur after we receive verification from our client that our invoices will be honored. Usually, verification occurs by means of a Purchase Order number.
- For details, contact managing partner Cornelius Grove using the Learn More button, or phone him at +1-718-492-1896.