COACHING FOR GLOBAL ADVANTAGE is GROVEWELL’s brand of leadership coaching. It better enables executives to adapt, communicate, lead, build relationships, and negotiate - globally.
Ours is the only brand of leadership coaching crafted to be global-minded in content and delivery. It is not a Made-in-America product that’s “global” merely because it's distributed across borders.
GROVEWELL's senior leadership coaches are based in business centers on six continents.
The Learn More button will bring a response from partner Willa Hallowell, who heads our leadership coaching practice. Or talk now to a GROVEWELL partner at +1-718-492-1896.
GROVEWELL'S GOALS FOR GLOBAL LEADERSHIP COACHING ARE...
- An expanded and more versatile global leadership repertoire
- An enhanced set of competencies for leadership across cultures
- More respectful, productive relationships with diverse colleagues
- Self-correcting behavior when encountering an unfamiliar culture
- Effective, accelerated transitions into new roles and environments
- Capacity to deliver intentionally sophisticated leadership worldwide.
Read a short article entitled What Is Global Leadership Coaching?
WHAT MAKES GROVEWELL'S GLOBAL LEADERSHIP COACHING DIFFERENT?
GROVEWELL is distinguished by its coaches. Helping executives acquire new competencies requires coaches who have years of international corporate leadership experience. It thrives when coaches haven’t merely worked abroad but also have lived abroad over extended periods of time.
GROVEWELL's coaches have that experience. So they understand that businesspeople from different cultures have widely differing reactions to the idea of partnering with a leadership coach to enhance their capacities. Because of their wide global experience, our coaches are able to culturally calibrate their deliveries to resonate with each executive’s cultural perspectives.
HOW WAS COACHING FOR GLOBAL ADVANTAGE DEVELOPED?
For genuinely global leadership coaching to deliver enduring value, we pay attention to the needs and personality of our coachee - and within each locale to the nuances of the coach-coachee relationship; to our coaching's overall approach, pacing, content, and process; and to the values, practices, and social expectations that underlie commerce within that locale.
That's why two professions — executive coaching and intercultural consulting — have made indispensable contributions to global leadership coaching. Those two contributions have yielded GROVEWELL's unique brand: COACHING FOR GLOBAL ADVANTAGE.
Read a short article entitled What Is Intercultural Consulting?
Find out about GROVEWELL's global leadership training.
WHAT MAKES GLOBAL LEADERSHIP DIFFERENT?
Executives who have proven successful at home discover that, abroad, there are differing expectations about leadership and management. In fact, there are subtle variations in all types of relationships. New global executives question old beliefs: How does delegation of authority work? What’s the practical meaning of “deadline”? How do people get promoted? What are the steps in decision-making? What priorities should my business embrace?
To be an effective global executive, one must be equipped with an expanded set of competencies. One also needs personal qualities such as being open-minded, flexible, resilient, and slow to criticize. That's because cultural differences are hidden in the nuances of relationships, obscured by politeness and face-saving. Therefore, one can discover too late that he or she is sharing objectives with others who have very different ideas about how to attain them.
Since the early 1990s, GROVEWELL has addressed questions such as these: What are the global competencies that, most often, executives need to expand? And how can we best help global executives to acquire them through our Coaching for Global Advantage? We pursued answers as we coached hundreds of corporate executives from across six continents.
OUR SIMPLE PROCESS FOR INITIATING COACHING IS THIS
|Our Uncomplicated Process||Additional Information about Each Step|
|Contact us by email, phone, or the Learn More button.||We'll need your location, the title of the coachee, and the objective of the coaching.|
|Tell us if you'd like a chemistry interview to occur.||A chemistry interview may occur even if we nominate only one coach.|
|We'll usually nominate a coach in your area.||We prefer face-to-face coaching. We've had great success with virtual coaching, too.|
|We prefer to invoice for coaching by the hour.||Our hourly fee reflects the hierarchical level of the executive (i.e., of the coachee).|
|We do not expect to use a 3rd-party assessment.||If you want a 3rd-party assessment (Hogan, MBTI, etc.), we will cooperate fully.|
|GROVEWELL has no contract that you must sign.||We do expect to receive a purchase order from you (or a suitable substitute).|
CONTRACTUAL AND FEE-RELATED INFORMATION
- GROVEWELL coaches are based in or near major business centers in 30 nations across six continents.
- Clients arrange for our services by means of either a formal contracting processes or an informal agreement. We adapt to each client’s requirements.
- We authorize coaching to begin after we receive verification that our invoices will be honored. Usually, we receive a Purchase Order number from our client.
- In most cases, our coach travels to work face-to-face with the executive in the latter’s office or home.
- Our fees are by the hour (plus expenses, if any). Fees begin at USD $500 per hour.
- The principal determinant of our fee is the hierarchical level of the executive within our client’s organization.
- For details, contact Cornelius Grove using the Learn More button, or phone +1-718-492-1896.
|Learn more about our course on GLOBAL LEADERSHIP ESSENTIALS.|
|It's GROVEWELL's 2- or 3-day hit-the-ground-running course for corporate leaders with little global experience.|