Asian cultural practices can create hurdles for capable and ambitious Asians in global corporations, the cultures of which often are Western. To contribute productively, Asians need to be able to work effectively with colleagues from the U.S. and Western European backgrounds.
Working with Americans is a workshop for intended for delivery for Asians within Asia.
The Learn More button will bring a reply from partner Cornelius Grove. Or phone him at +1-718-492-1896.
A WORKSHOP TAILOR-MADE FOR ASIAN BUSINESSPEOPLE
GROVEWELL’s workshop explores barriers to communication for Asians within global virtual teams, and offers strategies and skills for building relationships, trust, influence, and productivity. Asian participants are empowered with skills to improve their communication with Western supervisors and counterparts face-to-face and via e-mail, telephone, and teleconferencing platforms.
Examples of topics addressed by our WORKING WITH AMERICANS WORKSHOP
- Assertiveness skills: Succeeding in difficult conversations with non-Asians
- Getting your voice heard: Speaking up at meetings and on conference calls
- Building trusting, productive relationships among members of global virtual teams
- Succeeding with challenging communications: dealing with mistakes, renegotiating time-lines, sharing bad news, handling disagreements, interacting with difficult people
- Being persuasive and advancing convincing arguments across cultures
- Seizing the opportunities and advantages presented by virtual communication
- Practicing global net-etiquette skills when using various media
PRESENTED BY “THE PEOPLE WHO WROTE THE BOOK”
Joel Wallach & Gale Metcalf are GROVEWELL associates who have lived and worked in East and Southeast Asia for more than a quarter century. They have consulted with the U.S. government and more than 100 international companies on issues of preparing Americans and Asians to work effectively with each other. During the 1990s, they co-authored Working with Americans: A Practical Guide to Business Success for Asian Managers, the first book to address intercultural business communication from the perspective of Asian businesspeople.
Joel & Gale reside in Malaysia, where they consult regionally on cross-cultural management issues. Please visit GROVEWELL's joint professional biography of Joel Wallach & Gale Metcalf.
If you would like more information about this training workshop, contact managing partner Cornelius Grove via the Learn More button, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phoning him at +1-718-492-1896.