Created by GROVEWELL LLC and R.S. Mansfield Associates, the SURVEY ON GLOBAL LEADERSHIP READINESS, or SGLR, is a moderately priced, online, 360° assessment instrument that enables global business leaders and professionals to who are not contemplating relocation...
- Clarify their own expectations and decision-making about global business relationships;
- Obtain 360° feedback about the extent to which they demonstrate...
> skills & personal qualities that promote adaptation to and effectiveness with diverse others, and
> behaviors that can inhibit adaptation and effectiveness when working with diverse others;
- Learn ways to enhance effective skills and qualities, and to reduce ineffective behaviors;
- Identify what else they need to learn about responsibilities that require cross-cultural interactions.
The SGLR facilitates self-exploration, thoughtful decision-making, and preparation involving the business leader with someone in a consultative role, such as a coach, counselor, trainer, or advisor. In this way, the SGLR enhances the ability of the leader to…
- Decide wisely whether to accept new global leadership responsibilities requiring cross-cultural interactions, and
- Prepare effectively by developing appropriate personal skills, qualities, behaviors, and expectations.
For participating client companies, the value of the SGLR is in enhancing the likelihood that global assignments for business leaders will lead to steadily increasing ROI.
The Learn More button will bring a reply from partner Cornelius Grove. Or phone him at +1-718-492-1896.
Advantages of the SGLR Over Competing Instruments
The SGLR differs in six ways from other global readiness assessments:
- A modified 360° feedback survey. Friends, relatives, and work colleagues may participate. Work colleagues may be any business associate. No 360° participant is identified in the Feedback Report.
- Feedback provided only to the individual. The Feedback Report is distributed solely to the individual, who may distribute it to others. This makes accurate, specific 360° feedback more likely.
- American value bias minimized. We have removed the U.S. value bias found in other surveys. Example: We do not assume that one's success globally depends on one's being proactive and deadline-conscious.
- Supporting materials. Each user's Feedback Report offers individual guidance on his or her personal adaptability. HR and EAP professionals in contracting firms receive a supporting manual.
- Certification not required. HR and EAP professionals may use the SGLR without expensive training.
- The SGLR is moderately priced. For details about purchasing the SGLR, click here.
Uses of the Survey on Global Leadership Readiness
The SGLR is appropriate when the business leader(s) needing a global readiness assessment are not contemplating relocation.
If long-term living and working in a new location is contemplated, please click here.
The SGLR is a modified 360° survey that is completed by the individual, at least 3 friends/family members, and at least 3 work colleagues. Assessed are seven skills/qualities that facilitate successful adaptation.
The 360° process also assesses 20 behaviors that are capable of undermining relationships with diverse counterparts.
Please read our important background information about the SGLR's use.
For details about purchasing the SGLR, see below.
Purchasing Complete SGLR Services
SGLR is available only from GROVEWELL LLC. To obtain additional information, or to inquire about arranging for the use of this instrument, contact Dr. Cornelius Grove at +1-718-492-1896 or by using the Learn More button above.
The following fees apply worldwide; volume discounts are available.
- $795 - For each global leader and up to 12 of his/her 360° participants. Volume discounts available.
- $595 - Manual for HR and EAP professionals (one-time purchase), plus a phone consultation with assessment authority Dr. R. S. Mansfield.
IMPORTANT BACKGROUND INFORMATION ABOUT THE USE OF THE SGLR
The SGLR is grounded in decades of intercultural and psychological research on “suitability for an assignment abroad,” which includes leadership responsibilities requiring contacts with counterparts in, and from, different cultures. These research findings are extensive, revealing, and consistent.
The most important and realistic contribution to be made by any global leadership readiness assessment instrument is to identify individuals who, due to recurring behavioral characteristics, put themselves at risk of leadership failure in interpersonal interactions with culturally different others.
When an at-risk leader is identified, he or she should be strongly encouraged to either (1) reconsider accepting new responsibilities for global leadership, or (2) take specific steps to reduce and replace his/her interfering behaviors.
SGLR promotes and facilitates these outcomes beginning with the Feedback Report and continuing when the individual shares his or her results, in confidence, with an HR or EAP professional associated with his firm.
The SGLR is not intended to serve as the sole tool for selecting global leaders from among a group of candidates. If leader selection is the objective, the SGLR should be used in conjunction with at least one other assessment measure.