Expatriation is the expected encounter with the unfamiliar.
Repatriation is the unexpected encounter with the familiar.
Homecoming: Seizing the Opportunity is a one-day coaching workshop that ideally occurs soon after the assignee and family members have relocated back in their home country.
Alternatively, GROVEWELL can deliver the one-day coaching workshop before the family returns to its home country, i.e., while it's still in the host country.
And we have tailor-made Country Transition coaching workshops for assignees and families who are leaving their host country and transitioning to a new host country ("third country").
The Learn More button will bring a swift response from partner Willa Hallowell, who leads GROVEWELL's expatriate support practice. Or phone her at +1-718-492-1896.
Objectives of our repatriation workshop
- to deal with the issues common to returning employees, spouses, teenagers, and children;
- to enable the assignee to regain his or her usual high level of performance on behalf of the company;
- to create a action plan for seizing the advantages gained by living and working abroad.
GROVEWELL's services are focused on the timely re-adaptation of each family member. Our coach is a mature professional who has been an adult member of a repatriating family on at least one occasion. Special repatriation coaching for children and teenagers is available, too.
I met with [name of returning expatriate] today. She, her husband, and daughter were very pleased with the Repatriation Workshop. They are happy and excited as they anticipate their return to China. The workshop has helped them in many more ways than they expected. Thank you for your help.
Connie Espiritu-De Lorimier, Johnson & Johnson
Email to GROVEWELL's partners, June 2006
Corporate Repatriation Consulting
It has long been known that recently repatriated employees have a high rate of turnover. "Repats" who leave their company are senior, experienced, capable people who prove hard to replace. Inevitably, some end up working for a competitor.
If your focus on your firm's long-term global objectives, then it makes sense to think of all your expatriates as people who are not only doing work abroad but also acquiring valuable knowledge and skills — competencies your firm could make use of. After all, it paid for the acquisition of those competencies!
Using a recently repatriated employees' experience and competence involves both giving them globally-oriented new assignments and finding ways to capture their knowledge, apply it as appropriate, and disseminate it for use by other employees who are working to help your firm expand worldwide.
If you engage GROVEWELL to consult with your firm regarding repatriation, this investment perspective is what our associates will bring to you. You'll be happy because you'll be harnessing already-paid-for potential. The returnees will be happy because it's their potential being harnessed.
Access our process for initiating services. Or visit our testimonials for Cross-Cultural Adaptability Coaching.
OUR SIMPLE PROCESS FOR INITIATING SERVICES IS THIS
|Our Uncomplicated Process||Additional Information about Each Step|
|Contact us by email, phone, or the Learn More button.||We'll need your location, the number of participants, and the purpose of the service.|
|We'll try to assign a service deliverer in your area.||Depending on the purpose of the service, our deliverer will need to travel to/from your site.|
|Fees depend on days & number of service deliverers.||We rarely set fees based on number of participants. However, see the next line below.|
|We request no more than 20 trainees per session.||If you have over 20 trainees, we will expect either a second session or a second trainer.|
|GROVEWELL has no contract that you must sign.||We do expect to receive a purchase order from you (or other payment guarantee).|
CONTRACTUAL AND FEE-RELATED INFORMATION
- Clients arrange for our coaching, consulting, or training services by means of either a formal contracting processes or an informal agreement. We adapt to each client’s requirements. We do not require a contract.
- Our fees are set by the number of deliverers and the duration of the services. (We rarely charge on a per-participant basis.) For a half-day or less of on-client-site services, we charge 75% of our full day rate.
- Additional fees might apply in some cases, such as for development, customization, or materials design. Any expenses – deliverer travel, materials shipping, etc. – are passed on to our client at cost.
- We authorize services to occur after we receive verification from our client that our invoices will be honored. Usually, verification occurs by means of a Purchase Order number.
- For details, contact Cornelius Grove using the Learn More button, or phone him at +1-718-492-1896.